The Recruitment Center offers a variety of services at no cost to physicians, dentists, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners. These services include:
- Interview candidates to understand their professional and personal goals;
- Provide detailed information on practice opportunities;
- Offer detailed information about specific health center and communities;
- Information on state licensure;
- Information on loan repayment programs; and
- Linkages to national and state health care organizations and resources.
Please contact the Recruitment Center at (515) 244-9610 for more information.
J-1 Visa Waiver Information
Foreign-trained physicians who have completed residencies in the U.S. may be granted a J-1 Visa or NIW Waiver to work in Iowa or Nebraskaâ€™s community health centers based on a recommendation from the respective state department of health to the U.S. Department of State and/or the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS). International medical graduates currently holding J-1 visa statuses may be granted a waiver of the J-1 visa two-year home country residency requirement in return for practicing medicine full-time for a minimum of three years in an underserved community.